After many requests, EA Sports finally released a complete list of the features that will be in FIFA 16 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Here is the rundown:
- Confidence in Defending
- FIFA 16 gives you the tools to stop your opponent with confidence. Move with greater freedom as a defender – rely on your team to defend as a unit, and your back line to track menacing runs to create a balance between attacking and defending.
- Defensive Agility
- Use multiple innovative feature changes to mobility and locomotion to track skilled players. Mobile defenders can close down space and change direction quickly using swing-step behavior to stay with your opponent. You’ll feel the freedom of movement as you track runs and look to break up attacks.
- Defend As A Unit
- Defend together, win together. Rely on your teammates to cover gaps when you close down an attacker. New defensive AI gives players better awareness of dangerous space on the pitch relative to the ball and their opponent. Your teammates will track back to stop new attacking runs, and close down angles of attack.
- New Tackling Fundamentals
- All new slide and standing tackles make going in for the ball responsive, rewarding, and fun!
- Control in Midfield
- Games are won or lost in the midfield – in FIFA 16, the midfield matters. Maintain possession of the ball with patient build-up play or ping clinical passes through space to start an attack.
- Interception Intelligence
- Players anticipate passes and move to shut down options and close passing channels. Smarter teammates will look for space and allow more opportunities to build play through the midfield.
- Passing with Purpose
- A revolution in passing. FIFA 16 lets you play sharp, incisive passes so you can find teammates with precision. Using a new mechanic, ping driven ground passes to find teammates in tight spaces to open up your attacking options.
- Moments of Magic
- Create more WOW moments. In FIFA 16, players will have that cutting edge every team needs to create moments of magic and unlock defenses.
- No Touch Dribbling
- The best touch can be the one you don’t take. Free yourself from the ball to buy time, create separation, feint, and blow by your defender just as Messi does when he is at his best – it’s near limitless creativity on the ball.
- Clinical Finishing
- Strike the ball right and finish like a pro. Better placement of the foot and ankle gives players variety in shooting and goals scored. You’ll be able to feel where the ball is struck and adjust your approach for improved accuracy and power.
New ways to play
- Women’s National Teams
- Women are IN THE GAME. Compete as 12 Women’s National Teams, for the first time in the FIFA franchise.
- FUT Draft
- FUT Draft is a new way to play FIFA Ultimate Team™! Draft a squad and challenge opponents in a series of four matches to win coins, packs, and more. Test your team building skills and pick the best player for each position from a five-player draw. Make key choices based on player quality or team Chemistry. The more wins, the bigger the price. A four-game win streak earns the best rewards!
- Other FUT News
- New Legends in FUT 16 (Xbox 360 Only) – New Legends join the 56 from last year! Build your dream squad with legends of the past and the stars of today. New for FUT 16 is Legends Chemistry: Legends now share a League Chemistry link with all players regardless of nationality.
- New Interface Improvements – New changes to the FIFA Ultimate Team menus help you manage your FUT Club with ease. Swap squad players efficiently, manage pack items quicker, search the Transfer Market by in-form, and more.
Compete at a higher level
- FIFA Trainer
- Learn as you play with an optional graphic overlay that prompts you with gameplay options depending on your position on the pitch and trainer level. Basic commands get you started while deeper hints will improve the game of the most skilled players. Supports two users on a single console (either 1+1 or 1v1)
- Skill games
- FIFA 16 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 features new skills games.
- FIFA 16 features nine new stadiums from leagues across the world. There are 50 licensed and 28 generic stadiums.
- New or Updated Player Starheads
- FIFA 16 includes new and updated player starheads. In addition to Barclays Premier League players and athletes from Women’s National Teams, we have also captured the likeness of some FUT Legends, and players from the major clubs in Spain and other leagues around the world. (FUT Legends only available on Xbox 360).
- Commentary options include Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Latin American Spanish, and an all-new Russian commentary team.
All available game modes in FIFA 16 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3:
- FIFA Ultimate Team, featuring the all-new FUT Draft
- Career Mode
- Be a Pro Player
- Be a Pro Goalkeeper
- Tournament Mode
- Women’s International Cup
- Online Seasons
- Online Friendlies
- Co-Op Seasons
- Skill Games
- Play Next Fixture
- Practice Arena
Due to console limitations and available resources, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of FIFA 16 do not feature the same innovations and new modes that are available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC.
That means that the team has removed a number of elements on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, including:
- Creation Centre
- Custom Music and Chants
- The FIFA Interactive World Cup (*available on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One)
- In-game presentation with Jeff Stelling (*also removed from PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC)
- Match Lobbies
- Secondary English commentary with Clyde Tyldesley and Andy Townsend
So what do you think? Will you still buy FIFA 16 on Xbox 360 and PS3?