In this post we will list all the FIFA 15 features that were revealed at Gamescom yesterday plus other news that we’ve gathered from the web since last week. Lets start with the new FIFA 15 features that were presented at Gamescom, shall we?
Next Gen Goalkeeper
Goalkeepers have been completely rewritten for FIFA 15 with over 50 new save animations, improved AI and a new, realistic player model. Our Next Gen goalkeepers are more responsive and fluid when they move and look and think like real-life keepers.
The main changes to goalkeepers are:
Keepers now read and react to gameplay situations, adjusting their movement if going in the wrong direction, and making last-ditch saves by reaching back or throwing out a leg. FIFA 15 also brings a new level of realism to the way keepers react to shots that are difficult to handle. Where previously goalkeepers would catch most balls they touched, you’ll now see a new range of authentic deflections and tips as keepers try to make a save.
Goalkeepers make better decisions in one-on-ones and when tracking the ball on crosses, corners and through balls towards their box. Keepers in FIFA 15 command their area with more awareness and intelligence than ever before.
Goalies will also read the flight of balls and you’ll see more variety in how they react to swerving, dipping or turbulent shots.
New Ways to Score
With keepers more mobile, it opens up new scoring opportunities for attackers. Your opponent recognizes goalkeeper movement and will attempt shots back across goal, nutmegs or quick shots which will leave no time to react.
FIFA 15 Ultimate Team
Let’s take a look at the new additions coming to FIFA 15: Ultimate Team:
Think you know what would make a winning team? Concept Squads is a powerful new squad planning tool that allows you to plan future squads using the entire FUT player catalogue. Use Concept Squads to plan your next Transfer Market buys, find replacements for players, and test out different Chemistry combinations.
The new Friendly Seasons mode lets you challenge your friends in a 1 v 1 version of the fan favourite Seasons format and track your stats. Win seasons to earn the current title holder position and the bragging rights that come with it!
In FUT 15 you’ll be able to try out some of the most highly sought after players in the game right away by signing them to your club on loan! Sign loan players for the set amount of matches and use them wisely during their loan contract’s duration to win a big Tournament Final or get the decisive win to clinch a Season Title.
More Legends on Xbox
Achieve greatness on the pitch with the legends of the past and the stars of today! Check out the new Legends who will join the 41 from last year on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Get ready to play with football greats such as Roberto Carlos, Peter Schmeichel, Alan Shearer, and Bobby Moore. You can find the complete list of Legends bellow:
|Franco Baresi||Franz Beckenbauer||Laurent Blanc|
|Andreas Brehme||Roberto Carlos||Brian Laudrup|
|Michael Laudrup||Roy Keane||Bobby Moore|
|Jay-Jay Okocha||Butragueño Santos||Peter Schmeichel|
|Alan Shearer||Hristo Stoichkov||Carlos Valderrrama|
Current List of Players available in FUT Legends
|Dennis Bergkamp||Fernando Hierro||Robert Pirès|
|Oliver Bierhoff||Filippo Inzaghi||Frank Rijkaard|
|Sol Campbell||Patrick Kluivert||David Seaman|
|Fabio Cannavaro||Henrik Larsson||Teddy Sheringham|
|Rui Costa||Jens Lehmann||Andriy Shevchenko|
|Hernán Crespo||Gary Lineker||Davor Šuker|
|Frank de Boer||Freddie Ljungberg||Marco van Basten|
|Marcel Desailly||Paolo Maldini||Edwin van der Sar|
|Paulo Futre||Lothar Matthäus||Ruud van Nistelrooy|
|Stefan Effenberg||Gary Neville||Patrick Vieira|
|Robbie Fowler||Michael Owen||Christian Vieri|
|Ruud Gullit||Pauleta||George Weah|
|Gheorghe Hagi||Pelé||Gianfranco Zola|
|Luis Figo||Pavel Nedvěd|
*Romario was removed due to copyright issues!
New Base Attribute
PHY, which stands for “Physical”, is the new sixth base attribute in FIFA 15 that will be featured on FUT player items. It is a measure of key physical traits such as Strength, Stamina, and Jumping. PHY is important to FIFA 15 and FUT because it will help you determine a player’s ability to win physical battles across the pitch and keep their fitness throughout.
Although Heading was a great attribute to judge players by, PHY will have a more significant impact during a match. By paying attention to the players’ PHY attribute you’ll be better prepared to build your dream team in FUT 15 and beyond.
FIFA 15 – Career Mode
One of FIFA’s most popular modes continues to improve as managing and finding players becomes even more authentic.
- Player Growth – FIFA 15 has a more realistic system for player growth and potential. Highly rated older players won’t retire as quickly and high potential players grow faster if you give the opportunity to do so.
- Global Transfer Network – Improved scouts will now automatically recognize squad weaknesses and suggest replacement players based on the team you want to build.
- Intuitive Player Search – A new player search screen lets you find players faster and better suited to your team. Player names populate as you search.
- Storylines and Presentation – Accurate and in-depth analysis around players, team and leagues during the match and throughout the mode as you progress your career.
FIFA 15 – Team Management
FIFA 15 gives you a brand new way to manage squads and team sheets across all game modes.
Customise up to six different Team Sheets per club and alter your strategy based on your next opponent, the changing tactics in-game and fitness of your players. Get your favorite team playing the way *you* want them to play.
Team Sheets are available in Career Mode, Match Day (Kick-Off), Online Friendlies, and Tournaments.
Up to five attacking and defending player instructions can be applied to each of the ten outfield players. These instructions let you manage the attacking runs and defensive positions players take on the pitch and gives you deeper customisation options for how your team sets up.
Preset formations for any of your custom squads and pick the best to take on your next opponent.
Set roles like captain, set-piece and penalty takers for each of your squads.
Set a default Team Tactic to each of your Team Sheets so your gameplan is locked before hitting the pitch. Or go deeper and add custom tactics to any of your line-ups.
FIFA 15 – Pro Clubs and Other Modes
- Play – An all new round-based flow automatically pulls teammates from the end of the last match into a countdown to the next game search, keeping positions and captaincy. Queuing users in the Match Lobby can watch scores and live updates as they wait and will be automatically pulled into the next match with their teammates.
- Scout – Find teammates that suit your clubs’ needs by scouting Virtual Pros from leaderboards and Club Squads. View other Pros, accomplishment progress, and statistics in an easy-to-read user hub and invite them to join your Club.
- Customize – The new Edit Pro menu option – Style – allows fans to customize penalty and free kick animations, as well as choose their running and finishing celebrations. Celebration animation examples are also now visible in the menu.
- FIFA Ultimate Team
- Match Day – jump straight in to play head-to-head offline against a friend or the AI
- Tournament Mode – returns to FIFA 15 with all new tournaments
- Online Seasons – compete online in a season format. Now with the Guest Play option to compete with friends
- Online friendlies – compete online against your friends
- Co-Op Seasons – compete online with a friend in 2v2 matches
- Skill Games – 26 new Skill Games added to the popular practice mode including four new games that cover the basics – dribbling, shooting, passing, defending
- Practice Arena – practice in a 1v1 situation against the all new Next Gen Goalkeeper
- Match Day Live
- EA SPORTS Football Club
EA SPORTS Football Club
- Share – you decide exactly what to share with customized messages around big wins, promotions or that amazing player you just found in Ultimate Team.
- Interact – comment, like or dislike news shared by your friends as it happens
- Shop – Catalogue items related to the mode you’re currently in are now displayed first. New virtual boots, kits, celebrations, FUT items and more will be available to redeem using Football Club Credits built up just by playing the game.
FIFA 15 – Match Day Live
Powered by Goal.com and updated as news breaks, Match Day Live pulls football stories directly into your FIFA 15 experience so you are always aware of the latest headline or rumor.
In case you missed the FIFA 15 Gamescom presentation you can watch it bellow in HD:
We have some great news for Bundesliga fans, EA Sports and DFL Sports Enterprises have extended their partnership for 3 more seasons giving EA exclusive rights over 1.Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga!
Two new game covers have been released this week, one for Poland and the other one for Australia. Both covers will feature Messi as the main cover star being joined by Robert Lewandowski on the Polish cover and Tim Cahill on the Australian cover.
FIFA producer, Sebastian Enrique, confirmed that there will be two Arabic commentators for the Middle Eastern version of FIFA 15! Middle East fans will be disappointed by this news because they specifically requested EA to add a single commentator this year and not two because real life football matches in Middle East are commentated just by one commentator.
Source: Arabic Gamers
The FIFA 15 face list that we’ve shared in our previous news post has been updated with a a new list called “FIFA 15 Updated Player Faces, Haircuts, & Beards” and you can check it out here. We also have tons of face screens from the FIFA 15 demo that is played at Gamescom these days:
Credits to FifaGamersBlog , @Abdoulaye_Sarr and fifa_faces for these pics!
Speaking about the demo, there is no official release date for the FIFA 15 demo but we will know the official date by next week. Anyway we do know two things about the demo thanks to all the gameplay footage that we got from Gamescom, the teams that will be in it and the stadium that you will play the matches on:
– Manchester City
– Borussia Dortmund
– Boca Juniors
The guys over at FUTHead had the chance to sit and talk with the Ultimate Team producer,Marcel Kuhn who spoke about all the new features that we can expect in FUT 15:
We end this long news post with the best FIFA 15 related articles of this week:
Thanks for reading this news post! We’ll be back next week with more FIFA 15 news!