EA Sports have been teasing fans for the past two days with intro screens of a new promo in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team and now we have all the details of this new FUT event called “What If”.
What Are ‘What If’ items?
This promo features a new type of dynamic player items that are already boosted and can get a further +2 OVR upgrade by fulfilling certain real-life team objectives. These objectives are separated in two categories:
- Attackers & Midfielders: Upgrade is applied if the player’s club scores at least 6 goals in their next 5 domestic league matches.
- Defenders & Goalkeepers:Upgrade is applied if the player’s club keeps at least 1 clean sheet over their next 5 domestic league matches.
As you can see these objectives apply only for domestic matches and the upgrade tracking for these items start when they are released in packs. Release dates for each player item can be found here.
Team 1 Available
The first selection of players for this promo is now live in FUT 21 featuring:
- CDM: N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) – 91 OVR
- RW: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) – 90 OVR
- CAM: Alejandro Gomez (Sevilla) – 90 OVR
- CB: Marcelo (Lyon) – 88 OVR
- CB: Chris Smalling (AS Roma) – 88 OVR
- CAM: Martin Odegaard (Arsenal) – 88 OVR
- LB: Yuri Berchiche (Athletic Bilbao) – 87 OVR
- LM: Roberto Pereyra (Udinese) – 87 OVR
- ST: Luka Jovic (Eintracht Frankfurt) – 87 OVR
- CM: Pierre Lees-Melou (OGC Nice) – 86 OVR
- RB: Kevin Mbabu (VfL Wolfsburg) – 85 OVR
These players will be in packs until March 5th, 6PM UK when EA will drop the second team.
New Themed Player SBC & Objective
As per tradition, every promo in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team comes with themed Squad Building Challenges and Player Objectives. The first themed Player SBC for this promo features Leeds United right-midfielder, Raphinha (87)!
Here are the requirements you need to complete in order to get him in your club:
Team of the Week Players: Minimum One
Squad Rating: Minimum 83
Team Chemistry: Minimum 80
Brazilian Players: Minimum One
Team of the Week Players: Minimum One
Squad Rating: Minimum 85
Team Chemistry: Minimum 65
Premier League Players: Minimum One
Squad Rating: Minimum 86
Team Chemistry: Minimum 55
You can find the cheapest solution for this SBC here. You can also complete the What If Challenge SBC for a Gold Players Pack!
As far as themed Player Objectives are concerned this week we have Sassuolo’s striker, Francesco Caputo (87) that you can unlock in-game by completing the following tasks:
- Through Talent – Score two Outside of the Box goals in the Live FUT Friendly: Difference Makers
- Serie A Setup – Assist in three separate matches using Forwards in the Live FUT Friendly: Difference Makers
- Four Star Finishing – Score five goals using Serie A players in the Live FUT Friendly: Difference Makers
- Winning Ways – Win four matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Difference Makers
- Sassuolo Scorer – Score in 10 separate matches using Italian players in the Live FUT Friendly: Difference Makers
Please remember that these tasks need to be completed in the Live FUT Friendly: Difference Makers mode in FUT 21 and you will need to follow these squad requirements in order to be eligible to play:
- Gold Players – Exactly 0
- Bronze Players – Min. 4
You best chance to complete this Objective is to fill up your squad with Serie A Bronze and Silver Italian players while keeping the Bronze players on the bare minimum of 4. The objective will be available until March 5th!
More ICON Moments
With the release of the ‘What If’ promo, EA Sports also announced that the second batch of ICON Moments is now in packs where we can find the likes of Maradona, Ronaldinho, Gullit, Eto’o or Hagi! You can view the complete player items list with all the details and stats here.
Be sure to follow us on twitter to stay updated with the latest FIFA 21 news!