The transfer market on Ultimate Team web app is still unavailable while the EA dev team is working to ensure long-term improvements to it. Here is their latest official statement on this issue:
Trading on console and the Mobile Companion App remain available while we continue to work on Transfer Market improvements for FIFA 14. The FUT Web App will continue to be available, but with trading disabled until further notice.
We consider this a priority and have a team working on Transfers to make sure they are optimally functioning across all platforms. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
Last Wednesday, some lucky FIFA players received, for unknown reasons at that moment, many free gold packs in FUT 14 while others didn’t received anything. The reason behind these free packs was a system error in FUT that has since been corrected. If you received a pack, since this was a mistake from EA , it’s yours to keep.
Yesterday EA Sports announced that starting 29th May FUT players across all platforms will be able to enjoy for free the World Cup experience in their favourite game mode. FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup, a separate mode within FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT), lets players build their ultimate squad of players from all 32 National Teams attending this summer’s tournament in Brazil. FUT World Cup features all 32 National Team crests, National Team kits, the official adidas Brazuca match ball, the Estadio do Maracana, and an all-new theme within FUT 14. Players can improve their team to make them tournament contenders by acquiring new players and consumables from special Packs in the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Store. Every FUT World Cup Pack includes a free Gold Pack available for use in the traditional FIFA 14 Ultimate Team experience. FUT fans will also have the chance to write football history. With Online and Single Player tournament modes, players can compete through the group stage and knockout phases in order to win the FIFA World Cup. By winning matches, players will earn in-game virtual coins that can be used to acquire packs in the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Store to strengthen their squad. Fans can increase squad chemistry by finding and playing with players from the same country or governing confederation.
Bellow you can find FAQ’s regarding this new mode with screens attached to them, as well you can see the official trailer of this new amazing mode:
Frequently Asked Questions
Which platforms is FUT World Cup available on?
FIFA 14 Ultimate Team World Cup is available as a free update to EA SPORTS FIFA 14 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC on May 29, 2014.
How can I add new players to my squad?
Players can be added to your squad by buying packs with FIFA Points or coins in the FUT World Cup Store. You’ll also be awarded coins and packs as you progress through the World Cup.
Can I trade my players in FUT World Cup mode?
No. To keep the tournament experience authentic, items from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team World Cup are unique, untradeable, and can only be found in World Cup packs. However you’ll receive one free Gold pack in FUT 14 for every pack purchased in FUT World Cup.
Will I be able to manage multiple squads?
In FUT World Cup, you will manage a single squad and lead them to World Cup glory. However, you can keep more players than the 23 available in your squad. Simply search your Club to add them to your squad.
Will my Club players from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team be available in FUT World Cup?
No. To keep the FUT World Cup as authentic as possible, you won’t be able to bring your current squads to the FUT World Cup. This is a completely separate experience, with no need to worry about your existing FUT squad.
Will I be able to use my coins from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team in FUT WC, and vice versa?
Yes, you can use your FUT 14 coins and FIFA Points in FUT World Cup to purchase packs from the FUT World Cup Store.
Will FUT WC have Man of the Match items?
Man of the Match items will exist in FUT 14, outside of the World Cup experience. However, once a player receives a MOTM, his attribute boosts will be updated in your FUT World Cup club.
How will chemistry work in FUT World Cup?
Players can build team chemistry by linking up with other players from the same country or confederation (Europe, South America, Africa, etc).
Stay tuned in the following days as we reveal updated ratings and additional info regarding this update.
Are there new kits, stadiums and other graphic features in FUT World Cup?
FUT World Cup features all 32 National Team crests, National Team kits, the official adidas Brazuca match ball, the Estadio do Maracana, and an all-new World Cup theme within FUT 14.
On Tuesday, May 20th 2014, EA SPORTS also announced that FIFA World Cup Brazil content is coming to FIFA 14 on mobile. The difference from the console versions is that the free update is already available on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and the Windows Phone Store. Until the tournament begins, jump into Matches of the Week to play the most memorable matches of the FIFA World Cup qualifying stage. From May 20th to June 12th, six new matches will be available every week featuring authentic players, National Teams, and kits. As soon as the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil starts, all 32 National Teams will be added to Matches of the Week following the real tournament schedule. Pick a team from the twelve available each week and compete against their real 2014 FIFA World Cup opponent.
This week EA Sports released La Liga and Rest Of The World TOTS featuring the best players of the 13/14 seasons in their leagues:
La Liga TOTS
- GK: Thiabut Courtois, Atlético de Madrid – 84>88
- LB: Filipe Luís, Atlético de Madrid – 82>87
- CB: Diego Godín, Atlético de Madrid – 83>89
- CB: Sergio Ramos García, Real Madrid – 86>91
- RB: Juanfran, Atlético de Madrid – 79>85
- RM: Gareth Bale, Real Madrid – 87>93
- RM: Ángel Di María, Real Madrid – 86>91
- CM: Luka Modrić, Real Madrid – 85>90
- LM: Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid – 92>97
- CF: Lionel Messi, FC Barcelona – 94>97
- ST: Diego Costa, Atlético de Madrid – 84>90
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Keylor Navas, Levante UD – 72>80
- CB: Pepe, Real Madrid – 83>88
- CM: Ivan Rakitić, Sevilla FC – 81>88
- LW: Antoine Griezmann, Real Sociedad – 82>87
- RM: Koke, Atlético de Madrid – 81>87
- ST: Aduriz, Athletic Club de Bilbao – 79>85
- ST: Carlos Bacca, Sevilla FC – 76>80
You can view this team in the Web App or more detailed at FUTHead.
- GK: Igor Akinfeev – CSKA Moskva (Russia)
- CB: Ezequiel Garay – SL Benfica (Portugal)
- CB: Dedé – Cruzeiro (Brazil)
- CB: Paulo da Silva – Toluca (Mexico)
- RM: Hulk – Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia)
- RM: Éverton Ribeiro – Cruzeiro (Brazil)
- CAM: Dusan Tadic – FC Twente (The Netherlands)
- CAM: Kris Commons – Celtic (Scotland)
- ST: Seydou Doumbia – CSKA Moskva (Russia)
- ST: Alfred Finnbogason – SC Heerenveen (The Netherlands)
- ST: Mauro Zárate– Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Brendan Clarke – St. Patrick’s Atheltic (Ireland)
- CB: Virgil Van Dijk – Celtic (Scotland)
- CAM: Thorgan Hazard – Zulte Waregem (Belgium)
- RM: Kevin Kampl – Red Bull Salzburg (Austria)
- ST: Marcus Berg – Panathinaikos FC (Greece)
- ST: Dayro Moreno – Millonarions FC (Colombia)
- ST: Jonatan Soriano – Red Bull Salzburg (Austria)
- CB: Matt Smith – Brisbane Roar (Australia)
- RM: Kasper Kusk – Aalborg BK (Denmark)
- RM: Guillermo Molins – Malmö FF (Sweden)
- ST: Nasser Al Shamrani – Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia)
- ST: Esteban Paredes – Colo Colo (Chile)
You can view this team detailed at FUTHead.
La Liga TOTS will be available in packs from 21st May 6:00PM – 5:30PM 28th May while the ROTW TOTS can be picked up from packs from 23rd May 6:00PM – 6:00PM 26th May.
In case you don’t know what TOTS is and want to know more about it please check out this detailed guide.
Hat-trick heroes Di Natale and Yedder lead the new TOTW:
GK: Marcelo Grohe – Grêmio (Brazil)
LB: Jérémy Morel – Olympique de Marseille (France)
CB: Bakary Koné – Olympique Lyonnais (France)
CB: Loïc Perrin – AS Saint-Etienne (France)
CAM: Daniel Wass – Évian Thonon Gaillard FC (France)
CDM: Iborra – Sevilla FC (Spain)
CAM: Dries Mertens – Napoli (Italy)
CAM: Ganso – São Paulo (Brazil)
ST: Amauri – Parma (Italy)
ST: Wissam Ben Yedder – Toulouse FC (France)
ST: Antonio Di Natale – Udinese (Italy)
Substitutes & Reserves
GK: Simone Colombi – Carpi (Italy)
LB: Per Egil Flo – Molde FK (Norway)
CB: Nathan Pond – Fleetwood Town (England)
LM: Davide Callà – FC Basel (Switzerland)
CF: Federico Higuaín – Columbus Crew (United States)
ST: Fernando Cavenaghi – River Plate (Argentina)
ST: Rubin Okotie – SønderjyskE (Denmark)
These IN-Form players will be available in packs from 21st May 6:00PM – 5:30PM 28th May. You can view this team in the Web App or more detailed at FUTHead.
There are eight , yes eight, new MOTM cards in FUT 14! A.Ramsey, J.Boateng, N.Gaitan, M.Berg, J.Soriano, K.Erasmus, L.Nilsson and J.Langfield can be found in their new shiny orange cards on the FUT 14 market.
You can participate in two new tournaments this weekend called Spanish Year End and Best of the Rest. Bellow you can view the squad requirements and the prizes for winning each tournament:
Spanish Year End
Squad requirements: 18 Liga BBVA/Liga Adelante
Reward: 4000 Coins
Best of the Rest
Squad requirements: Max. team rating – 3 stars + Min. team chemistry – 85
Reward: 4000 Coins
In other news, the beta version of the mmo game FIFA World is now worldwide available to play. You can download the game from here and start playing it for free! Bellow you can read the fact sheet of the game with all the included features and you can also view four in-game screens and the official trailer:
Free-To-Play FIFA has arrived for PC, giving fans a new way to play the beautiful game! As a live service FIFA World connects to the pulse of the sport with dynamic challenges, social features, and fresh content that reflects the latest from the real world of football. Connect with your club, your friends & the pitch like never before – it’s always a new FIFA World.
Fans chose how they play; with casual mouse controls, traditional keyboard or core gamepad devices. Fans can lead their club and country to victory in Online Seasons, or build their own Ultimate Team and compete against their friends and the community in Online/Offline Seasons and in featured tournaments.
- FIFA World Ultimate Team – Build your own unique club that plays your style of football and hit the pitch to compete in online and offline modes. Play the 24/7 transfer market and strategically outwit other gamers in buying, selling and trading the world’s greatest superstars to create your Ultimate Team.
- League Mode – Lead your favorite real-world club to victory in Online Seasons and experience the drama of promotions and relegation as you battle against other community players to climb the league tables and reach the top flight.
- Accomplishments – Complete challenges and earn rewards for in-game tasks revolving around gameplay, transfer market, tournaments, online play and more. Check FIFA World daily for limited time accomplishments that reflect activity from the real world of football and accomplish to earn coins, packs and XP!
- Accessible Controls – Play with traditional gamepad devices , keyboard controls or try the new mouse based controls that are simple to use, but a challenge to master; and offer first time FIFA players and casual fans an easy and intuitive way to play. The choice is yours!
- EAS FC Social Hub – Capture and share spectacular goals and beautiful moments you create on the pitch and instantly post them to the in-game social feed. Keep up with your friends’ in-game activity and debate and discuss the latest results and highlights with the community.
- Single Player Tournaments – Enter your Ultimate Team into single player tournaments and challenge football clubs from around the world! Win trophies and you’ll unlock new tournaments while earning rewards to boost your squad.
- Feature Tournaments – Every week new featured tournaments put your Ultimate Team in the spotlight, challenging you to beat some of the world’s best clubs to earn even bigger rewards for your Ultimate Team including coins and packs!
- Match Invites – Challenge your friends to an Ultimate Team showdown and see who has what it takes to rule the pitch.
- Player Impact Engine – The physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
- Pro Player Intelligence—CPU players are infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates.Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
- Tactical Defending—The defending mechanism places equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
- Precision Dribbling—Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
- Complete Authenticity—31 officially licensed leagues, more than 600 clubs and 16,000 players.
Last thing we have for you are the next FIFA 14 related guides and articles of the week:
Thanks for reading this week’s FIFA 14 news! See you next week!