A new FIFA 21 title update has been dropped by EA Sports earlier today updating Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana for the 2021 campaign with new competition structures for Career Mode. Moreover, all the clubs qualified for the group stages of both competitions this season are now available in-game. Of course the squad kits and rosters have been updated as well via a Squads Update released yesterday night.
Although not related to CONMEBOL competitions, Leeds United fans can now play on Elland Road in Career Mode after EA finally addressed this problem that was bugging many players since the stadium’s introduction in-game earlier this year.
The update is already available on PC and will soon be available on other consoles early next week. Here’s the full patch changelog:
General, Audio, and Video
Made the following changes:
- Updated CONMEBOL competitions.
- Updated CONMEBOL Libertadores seeding in Career Mode and Tournaments.
- Updated CONMEBOL Libertadores and Sudamericana competition structure for Career Mode.
- Added clubs who qualified for the 2021 CONMEBOL Libertadores and Sudamericana group stages where appropriate and updated rosters for existing clubs.
- Updated some player portraits, kits, badges, ad boards, broadcast and presentation packages, and interview backdrops.
- Addressed further instances of balls not displaying shadows during a match.
- New boots and gloves
- New custom faces for Nicolò Barella (Inter Milan), Emmanuel Rivière (FC Crotone) and Kiyan Prince.
The 2021 Copa #Libertadores & Copa #Sudamericana will kick off next week and EA Sports will most probably release a DLC update that will include all the 16 new clubs that qualified for the group stages! 🏆
Which club are you most excited to play with in #FIFA21? 👀 pic.twitter.com/XsBNvp7DMi
— FIFA Infinity (@FIFA_Infinity) April 13, 2021
FIFA Ultimate Team
Addressed the following issues:
- After viewing and exiting the Transfer Market Live Search Results for a specific Stadium Club Item Type, the selected Club Item Type filter could unintentionally change.
- The in-game pause menu incorrectly displayed Squad names instead of Club names.
- Co-Op match lobbies could sometimes display a placeholder goalkeeper kit instead of the Captain’s selected kit.
- Some leaderboards did not display an icon representing the player’s platform.
- [Stadia Only] The Squad UI could incorrectly display that some Player Items were ineligible for the Three Nations Live FUT Friendly.
Addressed the following issues:
- Elland Road was not a selectable stadium for Leeds United.
- In some cases, players could still control their whole team as usual when attempting to use the Lock To Player function.
NEW GRAPHICS ADDED AND UPDATED BY FIFA 21 TITLE UPDATE 15 (MAY 18 2021) #FIFA21 #Libertadores2021
➕27 New Teams
➖26 Removed Teams
🛡️2 FUT Crests
🛡️5 Updated Crests
🧑3 New Faces
🧤1 Updated Gloves
👟 3 New VOLTA Shoes
👟5 Updated Boots
👕81 New Kits
👕39 New FUT Kits
— Blade Johnson (@bladejohnson112) May 18, 2021
Addressed the following issue:
- Placeholder text was visible in a preview thumbnail of a long sleeve white crewneck.
Follow us on twitter for more FIFA 21 news!