The announcement of “The Journey” game mode in FIFA 17 was very welcomed by the FIFA gaming community as most fans were waiting for a story like game mode in FIFA for years and now EA Sports have finally granted their wishes.
Here are the things we know for certain about the game mode until now:
- You can only play “The Journey” as Alex Hunter
- You can only choose to play for any of the Barclays Premier League clubs.
- Your performance on the pitch and the decisions you make off of it affects your storyline
- You will have a rival in this story who is named Alex Walker
- You start the game as a fresh prospect of the academy
- The Journey was inspired by true life events of players like Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial or Reece Oxford
- In the new game mode you will experience and interact with real players, personalities, locations, and events
- The game mode took 2 years to be developed
By now you will be asking who is Alex Hunter? Does he really exist? Well here’s what we know about him:
- Alex Hunter is a fictional character
- He is 17 years old
- He is from London (UK)
- He is the grandchild of former English legend Jim Hunter (20 goals in the 1966-67 season)
- The voice actor and the actor on which the Alex Hunter character was built is named Tomiwa Edun
Powered by Frostbite, The Journey is a new cinematic narrative mode in FIFA 17 that will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC starting September 27th.