Ahead of the FIFA 22 release, EA Sports announced that a new update tool would be introduced with the game called ‘Live Tunning’.
We already explained how the tool works but long story short, EA will update the FIFA 22 gameplay related issue via this tool without the need of the usual title updates that take weeks to be released. Instead, this tool will allow EA to tune certain areas of the gameplay bugs and deploy these changes in-game much faster and with more frequency.
Below you can check all the updates made with the Live Tunning Tool in FIFA 22:
November 24th, 2021
- Increased the ball travel speed of Finesse Shots taken from inside, and slightly outside of the penalty box.
- This change is most pronounced when taking Finesse Shots closer to the goal (11.5 meters/38 feet or less).
- Shots taken from farther distance (11.6 meters/38.1 feet to 19.8 meters/65 feet) will also have some increase in ball travel speed, but to a lesser extent.
- Slightly increased the ball travel speed of Ground Passes.
- Increased the amount of time that the Team Press D-Pad Tactic is active for, from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
- The 20 seconds are only counted when the team that is using Team Press does not have possession of the ball.
- Decreased the cooldown timer for the Team Press D-Pad Tactic from 120 seconds to 100 seconds.
October 12th, 2021
- Slightly reduced the accuracy of Finesse Shot taken near the edge of the penalty box, and further.
- This change applies to Finesse Shots taken between 49.95 feet/15.22 meters and 149.85 feet/45.67 meters from the goal line.
January 19th, 2022
- Reduce goalkeeper effectiveness in one on one situations from close range (6.1 meters/20 feet or less).
- Goalkeepers could make quick reflex saves too often.
- Increase goalkeeper effectiveness vs. distance shots (9.8 meters/32 feet to 11.2 meters/37 feet).
- The goalkeeper could sometimes let in “reachable” shots from distance.
- Shots from this range still have a chance to score, but goalkeepers will now make more saves from this range.
These changes apply for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Origin/Steam), and Stadia versions of FIFA 22.