FIFA 15 was officially announced this week at the E3 venue and with it many details and features that we will present in this roundup news post.
The most important news regarding FIFA 15 is that the IGNITE engine will feature on the PC version of the game! PC FIFA fans had to wait only 1 year to see their favourite football game on the same level of the PS4/XBOX One consoles. This announcement didn’t surprised us at all because we already told you about it two months ago. Bellow you can see what system specs you’ll need to run the game on PC:
- OS: Windows V/7/8/8.1 -64-bit
- CPU: Intel i5-2550K @ 3.4Ghz
- RAM: 8GB
- Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
- Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 6870, NVIDIA GTX 460
- DirectX: 11.0
Minimum Required Specifications:
- OS: Windows V/7/8/8.1 -64-bit
- CPU: Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
- Minimum Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 5770, NVIDIA GTX 650
- DirectX: 11.0
With the PC announcement EA Sports also revealed the main features of FIFA 15, screens and the official trailer of the game:
Emotion & Intensity
- Emotional Intelligence — For the first time ever, FIFA 15 models the emotions of all 22 players on the pitch, giving fans a chance to experience first-hand the attitudes and personalities of the world’s best football players during a match. Players now recognize situations that trigger an emotional response and react naturally based on the game context. For example, a player that is being repeatedly fouled by an opponent could confront that opponent depending on the severity of the challenge and context of the competition. Players will respond authentically with new reactions to decisions, bad tackles, missed chances, goals, and other pivotal moments throughout the game. There are over 600 potential emotional reactions that could play out over the course of a game.
- Dynamic Match Presentation — Match Day will feel more dynamic and alive than ever before – immersing you in the match action and never taking you out of the moment. With region specific behaviors, crowds will now be distinguished by cheers and chants designated to their club, league, country, or continent. Fans at Anfield in Liverpool feel and act differently than the fans at La Bombonera in Buenos Aires. Commentators will mention specific fan behavior triggered by unique fan moments like the Poznan or club songs. New Bench Reactions, 10 Player Goal Celebrations, ball boy animations, and contextual commentary will keep FIFA 15 fans engaged in the story of the match.
- Team Tactics — Teams will now have contextual awareness of the game and will dynamically adjust their tactics according to the situation. For example, your opponent could be leading by a goal in the 88th minute and decide to hold the ball in the corner in an attempt to run down the clock. The end result is a more humanlike opponent that takes more risks when trailing, and potentially a more conservative approach when leading. Park the Bus, In the Mixer, and Time Wasting are just some of the Team Tactics fans will recognize in FIFA 15.
- Authentic Player Visuals — The FIFA 15 development team created the Next Generation football player – ensuring players appear true to their physical form. An all-new physically-based rendering lighting system changes the way players look, ensuring users are able to see a level of detail in players’ faces which hasn’t been possible before. New body rigging and character models make players feel powerful and athletic, while kits move realistically and react with the environment becoming dirty with mud and grass as the match unfolds.
- Living Pitch — Pitches will never be the same.Slide tackles and boot marks are now visible on the pitch, and as the match progresses, the playing surface becomes increasingly weathered just as it would in a real football match. Fans playing in rain or wet weather will notice mud and debris on the pitch. Corner flag physics, goal frames that shake, and animated LED ad boards are just some of the new details that bring FIFA 15 to life.
- Agility & Control — FIFA 15 adds an all new level of responsiveness and control. Run Touch Dribbling allows players to better keep the ball under control in a sprint and in close-touch situations, giving personality to the most recognized players in the world. Leo Messi will dribble and move like he does in real life. Updated player biomechanics means that players will now react and move with balance and closer control when in possession of the ball. More precise steps and turns at low speed, and closer control at high speeds give fans more control and increased mobility when commanding players on the pitch.
- Man-to-Man Battles — Dispossessing your opponent in FIFA 15 is more rewarding and physical than ever before.Players use Full-Body Defending to win possession and keep it. Possession Tackles will reward great defending, helping players keep the ball close to their feet when a challenge is won. New shoulder barges, push/pull mechanics, and big fall physics allow fans to feel the battle; shirt pulling is also visible thanks to new character visuals and improved cloth technology.
- Correct Contacts — Physically Correct Contacts revolutionizes the way the football interacts with the players and their environment. Every dribble, touch, pass, shot, and deflection moves corresponding to the spin of the ball in relation to the position of the body part or object that it connects with – this gives the football accurate spin, curl, and movement, as well as varied trajectories. The movement of the ball in FIFA 15 changes the game.
- Set Piece Control – FIFA 15 fans now have more freedom in attack with the ability to take control of teammates during throw-ins, corners, and free kicks. Using the right stick, FIFA fans can now control teammates off the ball to put them in the optimal spot to receive a pass during dead ball situations.
Beside the original trailer we also have the exclusive extended version of it with detailed footage of the gameplay features:
From the trailer and screens above we can see new faces for Schneiderlin (Southampton), Javi Garcia (Manchester City), Sterling (Liverpool) and Higuain (Napoli). These faces confirms us that Manchester City and Liverpool got re-scanned while Southampton and Napoli will have many players with realistic faces in FIFA 15! The USA National Team and the 2013 MLS All-Star team will have specific faces as well. Also another 2 teams got re-scanned, one is Everton FC and the other one is the MLS side, Vancouver Whitecaps:
For more images of the foto session please click here.
A FIFA 15 in-game gameplay clip got leaked earlier today showing us the ball physics and the new player animations:
Next you’ll hear a sample of the new FIFA 15 commentaries on how the fans are reacting, like the Manchester City crowd doing the Poznan and club songs.
Two new legends will be added to the FUT Legends roster in FUT 15! The two football legends are Zinedine Zidane and David Beckham and we know it thanks to the next ad clip that was shared by EA Sports FIFA on their facebok page:
Thanks to Kalax03 for the slowmo version of the clip!
You can now pre-order FIFA 15 for PS4, Xbox One and PC and if you do pre-order it you will get the next exclusive game features:
FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition
- 40 FIFA Ultimate Team Gold Packs
- FUT Loan Player
- The adidas® All-Star Team
- The adidas® Predator Boot Collection
- 3 new Celebrations
- Historic Club Kits
FIFA 15 Standard Edition
- 15 FIFA Ultimate Team Packs
- Select EA SPORTS Football Club items depending on retail store.
Thanks to the pre-order offers we now know that Ultimate Team will have a new feature included called FUT Player Loan! You will be able to get a good player on loan to your FUT squad for a limited number of matches from the EASFC Catalogue with your XP points! Messi won’t be the only player up for loan in the EASFC Catalogue, other players will be included and those players will most probably be the future FIFA 15 star covers, speaking of which…
For the FIFA 15 teaser trailer EA Sports featured Luis Suarez taking a free kick instead of their main cover star Messi, we also know that Liverpool is an official EA Sports partner and that will make us easily assume that Luis Suarez will either feature on the FIFA 15 UK cover or the South American one.
We end this news post with many producer interviews and game preview articles:
– FIFA 15 – Hands On Preview (FUTHead)
– FIFA 15 Preview (PS4/XB1/PC) (FSB)
– Does FIFA 15 fix the series’ legacy issues? (EuroGamer)
– Hands-on: FIFA 15 gets emotional (CVG)
–FIFA 15 PS4 preview E3 2014 (OPM)