EA Sports officially announced the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil game two days ago! The game will be released on market on April 15th in North America and April 17th in Europe and it will be available only for Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles! As you can could understand the game won’t get released for PS4, Xbox One and PC except the Next-Gen version of FIFA 14 who will have a range of World Cup content and tournaments within FUT that will be announced later on. Bellow you can view all the game features, the first screenshots and the teaser trailer:
- World Class Control — Control the ball in possession with an all-new control system using:
– Response Dribbling – Turn quicker at every angle and keep the ball under control. Using the left trigger, fans will find success beating opponents at slow speeds with the new dribbling system. Plus, use all-new new flicks, dribbles, and a new Brazilian-inspired skill move to beat defenders.
– Pinpoint Passing – Key passing improvements and new animations result in crisper, more accurate, direct, and responsive passing. Ground crosses, outside of the foot curling crosses, and personality given to clearances make moving the ball more satisfying and precise than ever.
- Explosive Movement — Change direction on and off the ball with purpose and get to space. Players are able to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction quickly on and off the ball, as well as make tight dribble turns and close touches on the ball while dribbling at pace.
- Set Piece Tactics — New tactics will have opponents fearing set pieces from the flank or during corner kicks. Using the D-pad players tell their teammates to make runs to the near post, far post, edge of the box, or have them crowd the keeper.
- adidas® Ball Physics — EA SPORTS and adidas® partner to deliver the most realistic ball physics system on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Taking physics data from the adidas Innovation Lab in Herzogenaurach, Germany, EA SPORTS FIFA development team implemented it in EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil to give the Brazuca and other adidas balls true-to-life flight and grass friction in the game.
- New Penalty Kicks— Feel the drama of FIFA World Cup™ penalty kicks with new save animations and a shot tuning that puts players in control of their nation’s fate. Penalty Kicks in the run of play now have players on the edge of the box and ready to rush at spilled shots. Also, distract the kick-taker by using Goalkeeper Antics to throw them off using a series of animations including wobbly-knees, matador, and shoot-it-there animations.
- Over-the-Back Headers — Jump over your opponent’s back to win the possession battle and head the ball. In one example – defenders can now jump over the back of a holding attacker to clear the ball to safety.
- adidas® micoach Training – Complete adidas micoach training sessions to boost in-game attributes for individual players on your team. Choose from six different attribute boosts and 18 different drills to improve your players’ performance during the tournament.
- Road to the FIFA World Cup™— The most immersive tournament mode in EA SPORTS history. Choose from any of the 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA and play with up to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds, and proceed on to the group stages of 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. Along the way, get tournament updates from EA SPORTS Talk Radio.
- Captain Your Country— EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup™ marks the return of one of the most popular FIFA game modes of all time. Start from the bottom, work your way up the squad list and eventually lead your country through qualifying, and on to the FIFA World Cup. A brand new auto-positioning system makes the mode accessible to new players.
- Road to Rio de Janeiro™ (online) – Players progress across a map of Brazil’s 12 host cities in licensed and authentic stadiums. Compete in Online Stages with any of the 203 National Teams to advance, remain in a city, or be relegated. Win the final of 12 stages to hoist the FIFA World Cup Trophy at Estadio do Maracana in Rio.
- Online FIFA World Cup™ – Compete in the Group Stage and World Cup Finals. Win seven games in a row against online competition to hoist the coveted FIFA World Cup™ trophy.
- Story of Qualifying – Play over 60 real scenarios that the world witnessed during the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ qualifying stages.
- Story of Finals (online) – Activated at the beginning of the tournament and updated throughout, play challenges based on the narrative of the day’s events.
- Additional Modes – 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA SPORTS Football Club.
- Patriotic Presentation – Feel the support of an entire nation with all-new crowd scenes including banners, flags, and seat cards in the stadium, and from Live City events in all corners of the world. Score a goal with England and see fans cheering live in Trafalgar Square. All-new crowd renderings bring the World Cup atmosphere to life.
- EA SPORTS Talk Radio* – Receive dynamic tournament updates from your choice of Andy Goldstein and Ian Darke, or Michael Davies and Roger Bennett (Men in Blazers) as you play through various offline modes in English. Over 50 hours of recorded audio keeps the narrative fresh and entertaining.
* This feature is only available in English builds of the game
- Authenticity by the numbers:
Teams –203 teams sanctioned by FIFA.
Players – 7,469 players in the game.
Managers – 19 officially licensed managers.
Stadiums – 21 new stadiums, including all 12 authentic stadiums in Brazil.
Commentary – Over 15 hours of added in-game commentary.
The 2nd batch of FUT 14 Winter Transfers are now live in packs! You can view the transfer list here.
After Jay Rodriguez, Omar Gonzalez & Eddie Johnson are the latest players to get their Ultimate Team 14 Pro Player cards! You can see them bellow with their amazing cards:
Remember that these cards are untradable!
TOTW21 brings us some great IN-Form players like Chiellini, Sneijer or Oxlade-Chamberlain:
GK: David Marshall, Cardiff City – 73>74
CB: Mathieu Bodmer, OGC Nice – 75>77
CB: Alex, PSG – 81>82
CB: Giorgio Chiellini, Juventus – 86>87
RM: Sofiane Feghouli, Valencia CF – 81>83
CM: Thiago Alcantara, Bayern Munich – 81>82
CDM: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arsenal – 77>79
CM: Charlie Adam, Stoke City – 75>77
CAM: Wesley Sneijder, Galatasaray SK – 84>86
ST: German Denis, Atlanta – 80>81
ST: Remy Cabella, Montpellier HSC – 76>80
GK: Romain Salin, Martimo – 69>72
CB: Grant Hanley, Blackbrun Rovers – 67>71
CAM: Duda, Malaga CF – 73>74
CAM: Kevin Nolan, West Ham United – 75>77
ST: Ross McCormack, Leeds United – 73>77
ST: Esteban Paredes, Colo Colo – 73>74
ST: Michy Batshuayi, Standard Liege – 71>73
These IN-Form players will be available in packs from 5th February 6:00PM – 5:30PM 12th February. You can view this team in the Web App or more detailed at FUTHead.
Portuguese legend Rui Costa takes the Spotlight! This week you have the best chance to find him all year.
As every week, we search the web for the best FIFA 14 guides and articles and bellow you can find this week’s collection:
– FIFA 14 Pro Clubs Season – Complete Accomplishments List for On Line Pro (FGN)
– Xaor’s Cave: Late NG Review (FH)
– FIFA 14 TIPS – Using The 4-2-3-1 Formation (EA)
– A guide to dribbling and skill moves in FIFA by BOOMY (EA)
– FIFA 14 Custom Corner Tutorial – Score 99% of the Time (UltimateFIFA)
– FUT 14 St. Patrick’s Day Investing Coin Making Method (UT.co.uk)
– FUT 14 Squad Builder 2 – Eredivisie / BPL / Championship Hybrid (UT.co.uk)
– FUT Breaking News- “Thursday’s Market Update” (UT.co.uk)
– FUT 14 Investing in Managers Guide (UT.co.uk)
In ther news, EA Triple A are holding a competition where you can win a signed FIFA 14 cover by Juan Mata! To enter the competition visit their facebook app .The competition ends on the 19th February 2014 at 18:00.
And we end this week’s news with the official Best Goals of the Week #16: