Following the FIFA 20 Pro Clubs news, EA Sports revealed today what they have prepared for the next FUT season.
Since a lot of details regarding the new features have been shared, we will try to sum it up the best we can in this post.
The main features announced for FUT20 are Season Objectives, FUT Friendlies and the New Club Customization Options, so let’s take a closer look at these features:
The new Season Objectives will allow you to earn XP and progress your Level on the Season Rewards tab. This new feature will be available in 4 categories in FUT20: Daily, Weekly, Season, and Dynamic Objectives.
- Daily Objectives are simple tasks which are released each day and contribute XP to your Season Rewards. They will automatically release each day and expire after 24hrs.
- Weekly Objectives are groups of objectives which have rewards and XP associated with the completion of the individual objectives release each week. In case you miss one week’s objectives they will stay active in the game for a 2nd week, with the exception of the last week of a season which will expire when the Season does.
- Season Objectives are longer term challenges to finish and from the time they are put live they will remain live until the last day of the season.
- Dynamic Objectives are special time-limited release Objective Groups which will not have a regular release schedule and will end after a set period of time determined by the dynamic objective group. These could be tied to campaigns or real world events that are happening in the game during the course of the Season.
In the first season there will be 30 Levels, each with its own Season Reward or Reward choice!
If that wasn’t enough Objectives for you, EA Sports also added Foundation and Milestones Objectives:
- Foundation Objectives are similar to the Starter Objectives in FUT19 aimed to teach new players how to play FUT.
- Milestones Objectives are long term objective groups which are not tied to any Season. Once a Milestone objective group is created in FUT 20 you’ll be able to continue making progress against these objectives, unlocking their rewards at your pace.
A new way to play FUT20 that will allow you to compete against your friends in a more relaxed atmosphere with or without the newly added House Rules modes:
- Mistery Ball – Changing at each stoppage in play, Mystery Ball gives the attacking side boosts to their Passing, Shooting, Dribbling, Speed, or All attributes, adding an element of unpredictability to every match.
- King of the Hill – Fight for possession in a randomly generated zone on the pitch to boost the amount your next goal is worth.
- Max Chemistry – All players have maximum individual chemistry, allowing new possibilities for team-building.
- Swaps – Three players are randomly swapped from your team with the opposition. You could gain your opponent’s star player, but also lose yours.
Moreover, you can also compete in other friendly modes like:
- Couch Play – Match up against friends’ squads, the Team of the Week, real-world Clubs, select community teams, and more alongside up to four friends.
- Play Online – Take on a random member of the wider FUT community online. Search for a particular House Rule or a set shortlist of Favourites to help you jump into a game faster.
- Play a Friend – Challenge a friend and their Ultimate Team online in standard or House Rules.
Remember that matches within FUT Friendlies do not consume contracts or fitness or count towards your club record and they do not carry over injuries and red cards!
Another neat feature that was added is the Track Your Stats that will allow you to keep track of your records and your friends records as well and see who is actually the best FUT player.
New Club Customization Options
In FUT20 there will 8 different customization options for your club to choose from:
- Home Kit
- Away Kit
- Stadium Theme (New) – Your Stadium theme will feature on the sidelines and in the crowd throughout the match.
- Ball – As of this FUT edition, the ball selection you make will only be seen on your own screen.
- Celebration (New) – Celebrations you assign to your club are assigned to the <X/A> button in gameplay and will be easily accessible after you score a goal. Assigning your custom celebration won’t remove the ability to trigger any other celebrations with their assigned button combinations.
- Tifo (New) – Your Tifo will feature in the pre-match intros and after goals, there will be some replays which feature your Tifo in the background.
The FIFA default celebrations will be delivered in the starter pack of FUT20 while new custom balls, badges, kits, celebrations, stadium themes and tifos will only be unlocked via Objectives and SBCs throughout the year and will not be available in packs!
New Squad Management Interface
The squad management screen has been revamped for FUT20 and the main improvements are:
- Your squad, club and transfer market tabs in a single menu that makes managing who goes into your squad quicker.
- The manager has been moved in the dock next to the subs and reserves.
- Selecting a player in and pressing <R1 / RB> will take you directly to your club, filtered to the position selected where appropriate. From there you can refine the results with a quick press of <△ / Y> and access the complete set of unified filters, if needed.
- By pressing <L1 / LB> you will navigate to the Transfer Market which will be pre-filtered to the position you’re trying to fill and with a coin balance that doesn’t exceed your current maximum for Buy It Now; quickly enabling a search for players who might be what you’re looking for.
- Pressing <☐ / X> on a player brings up the new radial menu with quick options to apply consumables, jump to player tactics, or just to quick sell a player.
Other Key Changes
The Squad Battles have been enhanced with a new interface where you will be able to see more details on your opponent like the formation, tactics, top players and more. Moreover, the daily match cap has been removed and you can refresh 4 new squads whenever you want, until you hit your maximum of 10 refreshes for the weekly competition (up 40 games per week).
Alongside the weekly Featured Squad Battle, in FUT20 you can challenge the Team of the Week and you’ll also be able to replay these games and try and improve your final score. You’ll need to balance risk and reward when you re-match and replace your previous score in an attempt to earn more points.
New kit select options will be available in the Pre-Match Setup that will allow you to select playing against your opponent in your other kit for a guaranteed match experience, or to play against your opponent in one of their chosen kits. The kits your opponent is using will not be displayed before the match starts. Behind the scenes we’ll use logic to evaluate the colour of the kit you are wearing and choose the kit your opponent is wearing which has the least similar colour patterns to your own.
The bulk quick sell of consumables has finally been added in FUT after many fan requests over the years. When browsing your club consumables you’ll have the option in the quick sell menus to quick sell multiple items at the same time.
From the start of FUT Champions in FUT 20 and through the year, we plan to have more to do with the FUT Champions Red players earned as part of the weekly rewards. To kick things off, in FUT 20 we will ensure that the Champion SBCs are in the game from launch. There will be a SBC to submit any 5 Champions items for a 83-86 rated Champions player. Additionally, we will have a SBC with requirements to submit an 81 rated squad of Champions players to receive a player pick 86+.
The Division Rivals skill rating requirements have been updated in FUT20:
Also, a player who exceeds 2200 skill rating in Division 1 will be hit with a matchmaking cap. This change is targeted to improve the overall likelihood of matchmaking in upper skill tiers and ensure that players find games both quicker and with more regularity.
EA Sports tackled the FUT Stadiums lighting and shadows issue with a lock in a specific time of day settings for each of the stadiums present in FUT. Before each match, the game will select between day and night and will use the predetermined time of day and weather conditions to ensure a priority on minimizing the impact of shadows in each stadium.
The Companion App will also have a few improvements like the ability to create Custom Tactics for your active squad and the SBC protection feature that will allow you to lock a specific player in your club from being wrongly submitted to an SBC.
Other details that we have for you is that FUT Draft is still in the game, new Ones To Watch players like Hazard, Joao Felix or Luka Jovic have been confirmed and also new ICONS will be available in FUT20.
Are you excited about the new FUT features?