Bellow you can find all the known FIFA 14 fixes for PC, Xbox 360 & PS3!
Fixes for FIFA 14 PC
- If you experience lag use D3DOverrider and enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on FIFA 14 exe. Also enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia).
- For those with the Direct X crash issue please update your Direct X! Go here to find out how.
- If your controller has problems with the game please download these Xbox360 controller files and put them in your main FIFA 14 folder.
- If you get the “APPCRASH” error select the fifaconfig.exe and FIFA 14.exe go to their Properties > Compatibility and select Win XP SP3 as compatibility mode.
- Try the next solution if the game crashes before launching: Open C:/My Documents / FIFA 14 / instance, select “replay0.bin”, right-click, Properties/ Check read only.
- If the game crashes at the language page you need to re-install Windows Media Player! Tutorial here. The intro can’t run without WMP, so the game crashes.
- Another solution for the lag is to set the SCREEN_SLEEP to 16 in C:/My Documents / FIFA 14 / fifasetup.ini.
- If you get the ”E0001” error is because your graphic card doesn’t support the Shader Model 3.0! You must try to run your game on low settings and follow the next steps: check that the resolution from the fifaconfig.exe is correct, uncheck Vsync from fifaconfig.exe and try this fix. Also try to update you graphics card driver!
- If you have graphic lightning issues, turn off the Anti-aliasing and V-Sync from your graphic card Control Panel OR set Anti-alising mode to application-controlled.
- FIFA 14 is currently unable to support special characters (such as àéñõü). In the case where you PC name (or your Windows username) contains at least one of these characters, it will cause FIFA 14 to crash. We suggest you to rename your PC name or your Windows user name by following these two solutions.
- Registry-Fix – Type in Windows-Start-Menu: regedit. You will see 1 tool regedit.exe -> start it. Now go to this directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Sports\FIFA 14\. Right-click in the right field and select new -> String Value. Type the following name: Install Dir. The value is your FIFA path. Here you can see a screenshot:
Thanks to Bernd!
- For those with heavy stuttering/lag:
From the fifaconfig.exe disable MSAA Options and Vsync and thick “Disable Windows Aero Theme”.For rendering quality is up to you how to set it but remember that an old PC would never run FIFA on High! Now follow the next steps:
Nvidia: Go to your graphic card control panel (right-click on desktop), go to Manage 3D Settings,Program Settings and add the FIFA 14 exe and set these settings for it. (At Texture Filtering – Quality put High Performance)
ATI: Get RadeonPro make a profile with the FIFA 14 ,select it,click on Profile > Visual and add these settings: Anti-Aliasing = Application Controlled, Anti-Aliasing Filter = Multisampling, Anti-Aliasing Mode = Multi Sample, Anisotropic Filtering = Application Controlled. From the Advance and Tweak tabs turn OFF Vsync & Tripple Buffering.
Note that these are only standard settings and will not fix your problem 100% because everyone has different specs. You can change and tweak the settings yourself until you reach an optimal configuration for your game and the lag and stuttering will stop. Also don’t forget to use the D3DOverrider!
- To increase your FIFA 14 level of definition use this mod.
- More fixes for the FIFA 14 Crashes / Not launching and the E0001 error can be found here.
- If you can’t play online matches in FUT 14, then please read this guide.
- Issues with sounds and commentaries? Try to run the game in stereo. You can set the sound to stereo by going into the settings of your audio control panel.
- The purchase of FIFA Points has been temporarily removed from the Origin Store. FIFA Points will still be available to purchase in-game.
Fixes for FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
Thanks to UltimateFIFA for the fix!
- If you’re experiencing freezing or the error “Disc Unreadable” on the Xbox 360, try clearing your cache. Instructions can be found in Step 3 of this article.
- For those with sound and music issues please change your sound settings to Stereo. Go to Settings and select System, now select Console Settings, then Audio and check Digital Stereo.
Fixes for FIFA 14 (PS3)
- If you’re losing sound in FIFA 14 go to the Audio settings of your PS3 and chose AAC or ACC because the game does not handle 2 / 5.1 and 7.1 audio channels.
Fixes for FIFA 14 (Mobile)
- If you can’t connect to Origin in FIFA 14 mobile try re-booting your phone first, or switching to Airplane mode and turning it off before starting the game to see if this resolves the issue.
- Another fix for those who can’t connect to Origin is to add Google’s DNS server to your WIFI settings, completely restart FIFA 14 and try again:
iOS: Settings > WIFI > Your WIFI Network > DHCP DNS > Manually add 22.214.171.124 to the beginning of the list.
- Android: Settings > WIFI > Your WIFI Network > Modify Network > Show Advanced Options > IP Setting: Static > DNS1: 126.96.36.199 DNS2: 188.8.131.52
EA Sports are aware of the FIFA Mobile fans who are experiencing issues when attempting to purchase FIFA points and the team is working with Amazon to resolve this issue.
- If you’re an iOS user and experience in-game crash after the last patch try to download a commentary patch again (If you are on English (which is default), download another language and then download English again) or delete and reinstall the patch.
- If you’re having connection issues while playing Ultimate Team on your iPad disable the Wi-Fi and connect the iPad to the internet through a third-party device.
General fixes for FIFA 14 (PC,Xbox 360, PS3)
- Players having difficulties connecting to online play or to other players in FIFA 14 likely need to open, or forward, their online ports. Find the ports for your console below, and then you can open your ports.
- UDP: 53; 88; 3074; 3659
- TCP: 53; 80; 3074; 3659
- UDP: 3074; 3659; 6000
- TCP: 80; 443; 3659; 10000 – 10099; 42127
- UDP: 3659; 9565; 9570; 9000 – 9999
- TCP: 3569; 9946; 9988; 10000 – 20000; 42124
- If your FUT 14 Web App account is locked then you need to reset you security question!
- If you believe your FUT 14 items are lost or missing in your Trade Pile or Watch List, please note there could be a 24-hour delay for them to process and appear.
- If you get this error: “An error has occurred and you are no longer synced with the online match” then you’ll need to follow this post until a fix is found.
- If you made a purchase in FIFA and did not receive it please be sure to restart your console first, and then check to see if your purchase has been received. If you still didn’t received your purchases please contact a Game Advisor!
- If you’re an FIFA 14 PS3 or Xbox player unable to purchase points, redeem codes, or use the Creation Center keep an eye on this post until a fix is found.
- If you can’t select the English Language on your FIFA 14 follow the next steps: Go to profile.ea.com and set your country to be “United Kingdom”. Now change your Origin Software to “United Kingdom” as well (Origin -> Account and Privacy). Restart Origin and select repair FIFA 14 and the English language will be available.
- The second FIFA 14 Title Update is Live on PC and Consoles will get it later this week! Be sure to get it because it fixes the next issues.
- The 3rd FIFA 14 official update patch is out now on all consoles and adresses the next items: FIFA 14 3rd Title Update Details
This post will get updated when we will find new fixes! If you have an issue and didn’t found a fix for it yet, please post your detailed problem here or in the comment box bellow and maybe we will find a fix for it. Also don’t forget to specify your platform!
Last post update: November 17th 2013