Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting started with creation master? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting started with creation master? help!

Hi guys, so as I've said before I am new to modding and today I've begun my work on my first mod. I wanted to do something simple to get into the swing on things so I am working on adboards for my team Bristol City. Now I know not many people are going to give a damn about that mod which is exactly why it's going to be my first mod, so that I can practice and improve and then start releasing some mods that people may actually want to use.

Here is where I am stuck, I have never modded anything short of doing the graphical side of things, in Photoshop I am confident and can create things pretty well but being as this is my first year on a PC playing FIFA I am a mod noob and so here I am.

I've been watching soem tutorials but getting nowhere, mainly because many of them are not noob friendly in their installation and use instructions, most likely because they assume that people have been doing this for a long time. I have just downloaded Creation Master 12 with FIFA 13 DB as I saw a video showing a fairly clever UI on how to change adboards and get information you need to do mods, however when I went to install it (the one I found here) it says:

1)Simply copy the files in the rar in your Creation Master 12 folder overwriting old files (suggested backup!!!)

So straight away I am stumped as I've never installed Creation Manager 12 and assumed that's what this was?! I also have no idea how to backup my FIFA 13 meaning I can't really test via trial and error. I was wondering if anyone can guide me to a noobs step by step guide for Creation master 12 so that I can actually start changing things myself without having to keep coming back to these forums looking for help.

If anyone can help it would be a huge thing for me as so far these forums seem quiet and I'm wondering if I'm asking in the wrong place if I want to get anywhere?
    [centeragqmzv0][/center:oagqmzv0]

Re: Getting started with creation master? help!

Yes mate, you must install Creation Master 12 in order to work with CM13. Download CM12 from here: http://www.moddingway.com/file/18771.html

After that follow the install instructions in the CM13 thread.

Comment

UPDATE: I now have this working but upon inspecting Bristol City their adboard number is 3 which appears to be generic as almost all teams seem to use it. Is there a way I can check all of the teams who use adboards 3 or even create a new number for it to associate to my custom design?

Oh and one other issue I have is that none of the 3d models work? Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

You can assign what ID you want to your adboard (preferable an ID with no adboards). After you selected the desired ID you must save the adboard. The next step is to install Revolution Mod 13: http://www.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-13/re ... -13-v-1-2/

You must have netframework 3.5 installed in order to see the 3d models.

Comment

Originally posted by Damien
          You can assign what ID you want to your adboard (preferable an ID with no adboards). After you selected the desired ID you must save the adboard. The next step is to install Revolution Mod 13: http://www.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-13/re ... -13-v-1-2/

You must have netframework 3.5 installed in order to see the 3d models.
          I already have that installed, I now (thanks to you) have Creation CM12 with FIFA13 DB working but I am now stuck.

You say i just ad my adboard via the import option right? So essentially all I have to do is select a number that is not being used (say 43 for example) and import it there? Once I do that what is the next process?

Comment

Exactly! Be sure to save it. The adboard ID is 43.

Now that you already have RM13 installed be sure to read the documentation. But for now I'll help you with the RM code for the adboard.

This is how the generic code looks like: assignTeamAdboard(teamid,adboardid)

So you need to replace "teamid" with the team ID of Bristol City that is 1919 and the "adboardid" with the ID of your imported adboard that is 43. So now the code you need to add to your stadium.lua (FIFA 13\Game\data\fifarna\lua\assets\stadium.lua) is:

assignTeamAdboard(1919,43)

Be sure to save the text file after you add the code!

Now that adboard set will be available in any game mode from FIFA 13 only for Bristol City!

Comment

Exactly! Be sure to save it. The adboard ID is 43.

Now that you already have RM13 installed be sure to read the documentation. But for now I'll help you with the RM code for the adboard.

This is how the generic code looks like: assignTeamAdboard(teamid,adboardid)

So you need to replace "teamid" with the team ID of Bristol City that is 1919 and the "adboardid" with the ID of your imported adboard that is 43. So now the code you need to add to your stadium.lua (FIFA 13\Game\data\fifarna\lua\assets\stadium.lua) is:

assignTeamAdboard(1919,43)

Be sure to save the text file after you add the code!

Now that adboard set will be available in any game mode from FIFA 13 only for Bristol City!

Cheers man, I'm still working on the graphics themselves but when I'm done I'll try it out and see how it goes

Comment

OK so it all worked and it looks great, certainly makes the Bristol City matches feel a lot more like they are taking place at Ashton Gate. Here's a screenshot:

Click image below for full size screenshot:

Comment

Looks wonderful mate! Open a thread in the editing forum and post your works.

Comment

Looks wonderful mate! Open a thread in the editing forum and post your works. [img]./images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif[/img]
                    I may do soon as I start getting a grasp of everything.

I have hit a new issue today. I designed a kit based on one already in the game but I cannot get Creation Master to accept it this is the issue:

I exported the 5 images used for the kit using "export image" on creation manager and made my edits to the kits themselves and not the oddly coloured images which i presume are used for depth? Everything was fine until I created a new kit for my team by duplicating the original kit I'd worked off of. That went fine but the issue is when I import the images they go onto creation manager and I can see the kit looking as it should in the 3d preview but when I try to save the db it goes through the motions but never saves the images I have imported.

I tried to click the save icon next to the image import function once I had imported the images and that came up with an error which said:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit the application will close immediately

with the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
                    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    at FifaLibrary13.Rx3File.SavePositions(BinaryWriter w)
                    at FifaLibrary13.Rx3File.Save(BinaryWriter w, Boolean saveBitmaps, Boolean saveVertex)
                    at FifaLibrary13.KitFile.Save(BinaryWriter w, Boolean saveBitmaps, Boolean saveVertex)
                    at FifaLibrary13.Rx3File.Save(String fileName, Boolean saveBitmaps, Boolean saveVertex)
                    at FifaLibrary13.FifaEnvironment.ImportKitIntoZdata(S tring templateRx3Name, Int32[] ids, Bitmap[] bitmaps, Single[] kitPositions)
                    at FifaLibrary13.Kit.SetKitTextures(Bitmap[] bitmaps)
                    at CreationMaster.KitForm.SaveBitmapsKit(Object sender, Bitmap[] bitmaps)
                    at FifaControls.MultiViewer2D.buttonSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(Event Args e)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                    mscorlib
                    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
                    ----------------------------------------
                    CreationMaster13
                    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
                    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Fifa%20Master/Creation%20Master%2012/CreationMaster13.exe
                    System.Windows.Forms
                    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                    System.Drawing
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                    System
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                    FifaControls
                    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
                    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Fifa%20Master/Creation%20Master%2012/FifaControls.DLL
                    FifaLibrary13
                    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Fifa%20Master/Creation%20Master%2012/FifaLibrary13.DLL
                    FifaLibrary12
                    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Fifa%20Master/Creation%20Master%2012/FifaLibrary12.DLL
                    System.Data
                    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
                    System.Core
                    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
                    System.Xml
                    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
                    System.Data.DataSetExtensions
                    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
                    System.Numerics
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
                    Accessibility
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
                    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
                    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
                    Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
                    Microsoft.DirectX
                    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
                    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
                    Microsoft.VisualC
                    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
                    Win32 Version: 10.00.30319.01
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualC/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualC.dll
                    zlib.net
                    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.0
                    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.0
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Fifa%20Master/Creation%20Master%2012/zlib.net.DLL
                    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX
                    Assembly Version: 1.0.2910.0
                    Win32 Version: 9.11.519.0000
                    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX/1.0.2910.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll

I really have no clue what the issue is as I don't understand the details it gives. Is there any chance you can help me understand how I fix this issue?

Comment

OK, not sure what the issue was but I seem to have sorted it.

This is my fantasy Bristol City 3rd kit

Click image for full resolution.
                      Click image for full resolution.

Comment

Looks great mate! You are a fast learner.

Comment

Working...
                        X