The third major promo of FIFA 23 Ultimate Team is here!
The Rulebreakers Team 1 featuring 91 rated Cristiano Ronaldo is now LIVE in FIFA Ultimate Team. In addition to 12 new special players in packs, we will also have new themed SBCs and Player Objectives.
Similar to FIFA 22 RuleBreakers, a group of specially selected players received a minor downgrade in one of the six card stats and received varying degrees of boosts in the other five.
What are Rulebreakers?
In earlier FIFAs, we had FUT Scream cards around the time of Halloween. However, in FIFA 21, the FUT Scream cards were replaced by Rulebreakers – making it the premium content during Halloween. The Rulebreakers, according to EA, have game-changing attributes upgrades that transform their style of play.
As mentioned earlier, players selected for this promo will receive a minor stat downgrade on one of the six card stats. However, they will receive boosts in the other five card stats – overall making the card more useful. For instance, the shooting and dribbling stats on Cristiano Ronaldo’s gold card is is 92 and 85 respectively. However, his Rulebreaker card has shooting and dribbling stats of 89 and 90 respectively. Similar to dribbling, his pace, passing, defending and physical stats have also been boosted.
Rulebreakers Team 1
EA has announced that Rulebreakers will be released as two separate teams. The first team – which is shown below – is in packs now until October 21st, 2022.
- ST: Cristiano Ronaldo (91) – Manchester United
- CB: Gerard Pique (89) – FC Barcelona
- ST: Edin Dzeko (88) – Inter
- RB: Jesus Navas (86) – Sevilla
- CB: Ben Godfrey (84) – Everton
- CB: Leonardo Bonucci (87) – Juventus
- CDM: Kalvin Phillips (87) – Manchester City
- CM: Héctor Herrera (84) – Houston Dynamo
- LWB: Przemyslaw Frankowski (83) – RC Lens
- CAM: Nabil Fekir (84) – Real Betis
- LW: Wilfried Zaha (86) – Crystal Palace
- RM: Aurelio Buta (82) – Frankfurt
Shake up your dream squad 🔮⚽️#Rulebreakers have returned to #FUT, transforming players' style of play with game-changing attribute adjustments: https://t.co/sWyFqaXzje#FIFA23 pic.twitter.com/4OPbWeHgQf
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) October 14, 2022
Rulebreakers Squad Building Challenges
You can get even more Rulebreakers in your squad by completing themed SBCs such as:
- RM: Romain Faivre (86) – Lyon
- CB: David Alaba (88) – Real Madrid
- LW: Lorenzo Insigne (87) – Toronto FC
- ST: Sheraldo Becke (86) – Union Berlin
- RB: Dodô (85) – Fiorentina
- LWB: David Raum (85) – RB Leipzig
- CAM: Chris Willock (86) – QPR
My opinion on the SBC… Faivreable.
I'll get my coat!
What are your thoughts? pic.twitter.com/eiIcEnd6FM
— LEVELLED ⤴️ – FIFA23 Trading (@LEVELd_Up) October 14, 2022
Rulebreakers Player Objectives
Moreover, if you head into Objectives you will see another Rulebreaker! Paulinho (84) from Bayer Leverkusen is ready to be unlocked if you complete the next in-game tasks:
- CROSSING GUARD – Assist 6 goals with Crosses in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rush
- SAMBA SWERVE – Score 7 goals using Brazilian players in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rush
- SCORE & ASSIST – Score and Assist using Bundesliga players in 7 separate matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rush
- WIN 3 – Win 3 matches with a min. 3 Bundesliga players and min. 3 Brazilian players in starting lineup in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rush
— 𝙁𝙐𝙏𝙒𝙄𝙕 (@FUTWIZ) October 14, 2022
In addition, you can also complete some objectives to unlock PSV’s striker, Luuk de Jong (86):
- Dutch Delight– Score 7 goals with Dutch players in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rebels
- Master Vision – Assist 6 goals with Through Balls using players from Eredivisie in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rebels
- Sensational Brace – Score at least 2 goals using Dutch players in 7 separate matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rebels
- Triple Win – Win 3 matches with min. three Eredivisie players and min. 3 Dutch players in your starting lineup in the Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rebels
- RM: Leon Bailey (86) – Aston Villa
- CAM: Lucas Robertone (84) – UD Almeria
- ST: Javier Hernandez (85) – LA Galaxy
- CF: Franck Ribery (90) – Salernitana
- CM: Thiago (89) – Liverpool
- CB: Sergio Ramos (89) – Paris Saint-Germain
- CAM: Kai Havertz (88) – Chelsea
- CAM: Dimitri Payet (88) – Marseille
- CDM: Moussa Sissoko (86) – Nantes
- LM: Emile Smith Rowe (86) – Arsenal
- ST: Ivan Toney (85) – Brentford
- CB: Maxence Lacroix (85) – Wolfsburg)
- ST: Ezequiel Avila (84) – CA Osasuna
- RB: Thomas Meunier (84) – Borussia Dortmund
- LB: Previs Estupinan (83) – Brighton and Hove Albion
More gamechangers to mix up your squad 🔓⚽️ #Rulebreakers Team 2, transforming players' style of play with game-changing attribute adjustments: https://t.co/sWyFqbeCle#FIFA23 pic.twitter.com/EUPgW8C9Rt
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) October 21, 2022
Also, the second Rulebreakers Mini-Release features:
- CB: Sanchez (87) – Spurs
- CM: Merino (86) – Real Sociedad
- RM: Roldan (82) – Seattle Sounders
— Helmar Designs 🌷 (@HelmarDesigns) October 23, 2022
If you open a Rare Players Pack, there is a 6.3% probability of packing a Rulebreaker player. If those odds don’t do for you, then you can try your luck on other games with better odds at BetPokies.com.
These cards will be in packs until Friday, October 28th when the next promo will be revealed in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team.