Intended to be released last week, EA Sports confirmed the release of the latest FIFA 23 update for March 22.
As previously announced, the highlights of the newest FIFA 23 official update are the UEFA Women’s Champions League and the National Women’s Soccer League. The update will also include a great variety of new graphic assets from kits, star heads, balls or tattoos.
Furthermore, the devs have tuned the gameplay once again based on the community feedback. For example, players with the Explosive AcceleRATE archetype now accelerate slightly faster during the early stages of a requested sprint, among other changes.
WE'RE IN THE GAME, BABY!
— National Women’s Soccer League (@NWSL) March 21, 2023
Below, you can view the full patch notes:
General, Audio, and Visual
Made the following changes:
- Added the UEFA Women`s Champions League (UWCL) to the Kick Off and Tournaments.
- Added the National Women`s Soccer League (NWSL) to Kick Off, Online Seasons and Friendlies, as well as Tournament.
- Added four new Women`s clubs: Real Madrid C.F., VFL Wolfsburg, Juventus, and Eintracht Frankfurt
- Added 101 star heads for women players.
- Added MLS 2023 kits.
- Updated some kits, star heads, competition bios, tifos, credits, logos, armbands, badges, anthems, substitution boards, stadia, balls, ad boards, tattoos, facial accessories, trophies, and pitch flags.
- Added ten new signature celebrations.
Made the following changes:
- Players with the Explosive AcceleRATE archetype now accelerate slightly faster during the early stages of a requested sprint.
- When intercepting the ball while jockeying, the player is now better able to take control of the ball instead of it bouncing away from the player.
- Increased accuracy of Driven Ground Passes made to teammates ahead of the ball carrier, in situations where the passer is under no pressure from defenders.
- Improved contextual logic when determining if a Standing Tackle request should lead to a defending player performing a Standing Tackle or a Push/Pull.
- This change will result in more Standing Tackles being performed than Pushes or Pulls, in some situations.
- Slightly increased the likelihood of a knuckleball shot occurring when requesting a Power Shot.
- Decreased the speed that the ball can travel at from a free kick taken with the outside of the foot.
- Slightly decreased the range required for a defender to attempt a tackle without being requested to do so.
- Increased consistency of flicking the ball if the ball was in the air.
Addressed the following issues:
- In some cases, a player could take longer than intended to start sprinting with the ball when a sprint was requested.
- Goalkeepers could have sometimes anticipated shots too quickly.
- This was most noticeable in 1 on 1 situations.
- Improved referee logic when determining potential penalty kick fouls near the edge of the box.
- In rare cases, the camera would not position itself as intended for penalty kicks.
- When performing a tackle near the touchline, defenders could sometimes kick the ball out of play more often than intended.
Addressed the following issue:
- A stability issue could occur in Co-Op Friendlies.
The 3.66 GB update is now available on PC (EA app/Origin/Steam/Epic Games Store), PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.