After last week’s release on PS4, FIFA 14 is now available on Xbox One too! With the release of the game on both NG consoles, problems started to appear and the FIFA Dev team promised to address the next issues with an early update:
– Controller Bug: Using two separate controllers, both assigned to user profiles, and then using controller two to navigate the bootflow when FIFA 14 is loading can result in a crash. The FIFA dev team will be fixing this issue as soon as possible (shortly after launch) but, in the meantime and as a workaround: please only use controller one to navigate the bootflow of FIFA 14. You can turn on and use the controller two once in the main menu.
– Bootflow Issue: If you suspend the console (leave it inactive until it ’sleeps’) on the title screen in the Xbox One bootflow, you will not be able to access any online features when returning from an unsuspended state. As a workaround: don’t suspend the console when on the title screen. If you do, simply restart the console (XB1 Only).
In addition to the above, there are a number of known issues that EA are working on solutions for. They include the following items that they plan to address in a upcoming title update:
– FIFA fans cannot join Friends Only matches via a friend’s profile (PS4 Only). You should: Accept the invite from the user when it comes through and you will be able to join the match properly.
– Title crash in Co-Op seasons if the captain is using a custom formation and the non-captain does not have any custom formations (XB1 Only). You should: Make sure you have the same amount of custom formations as your teammate, or not use them.
– The ‘Seasons Win’ item in the EA SPORTS FC catalogue will not be properly received if gifted to a friend. (BOTH PS4/XB1) You should: Hold off on gifting this item until the upcoming title update.
– Compatibility improvements with Xbox voice commands (XB1 Only).
EA also posted a notice regarding the Career Mode Carry Over that says it is not possible to transfer your Career mode player or club data from one console generation to the next! However there will be some rewards divided in 3 tiers to help you make the transition easier:
Tier 1 = Played at least 15 games
- +1 to all Career Pro attributes
- 1 Top GTN scout for one season
- +15% Initial transfer budget
Tier 2 = Played at least one season
- +3 to all Career Pro attributes
- 1 Top GTN scout for one season
- +30% Initial transfer budget
- Rematch Ability
Tier 3 = Played at least two seasons
- +5 to all Career Pro attributes
- 1 TOP GTN scout for one season
- +60% Initial transfer budget
- Rematch Ability
- Edit Player functionality
Once you begin playing FIFA 14 on either Xbox One or PlayStation 4, the game will recognise if you have played FIFA 14 on the corresponding previous platform; including the number of Career Mode games played. The game will automatically inform you of any carryover perks that apply to your gaming progress.
For more details regarding the NG Carry Over please check here and here.
The FUT Legends were supposed to be released today on both Xbox console, however EA decided to release them two days earlier on Xbox 360. EA Sports also released a FUT Legends FAQ where you can find all the answers regarding FUT Legends and Legends “Spotlight”:
Q. Which packs contain FUT Legends?
A. Legends may be found in packs that contain Gold Rare slots.
Q. Do Legend items look any different from Gold, Silver, and Bronze players?
A. Yes, they will have a unique item shape and are white with a gold border.
Q. When and how will Legends be released?
A. All 42 Legends are currently available in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Q. What is a Legends “Spotlight”?
A. During the week in which a Legend is featured in the Spotlight, you are more likely to find this item than at any other time of the year. During a Legends Spotlight, all other Legends will still available in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team.
Q. Am I more likely to receive a Legend that is featured in a given week?
A. Yes, you are more likely to find that featured legend for that particular week.
Q. When does the Spotlight change to a new Legend?
A. The Spotlight will change to a new Legend each week on Friday at 6pm UK time (9am Pacific).
Q. How often will the Legends Challenge change?
A. The Legends Challenge is renewed on a weekly basis depending on which Legend(s) are being spotlighted.
Q. How many times can I play the Legends Challenge?
A. You can play the Legends Challenge squad as often as you like. However, you will only receive one coin reward for completing the challenge.
Q. Why do I only receive a coin reward when I play and win a Legends Challenge?
A. Coin rewards are available once per challenge, for a specific period of time. The coin reward will be reset at a later date.
Q. Will Legends come to PlayStation3 or PlayStation4?
A. FUT Legends are available exclusively on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
The 2nd episode of the FIFA 14 NG Producer Series is out featuring the Living Worlds:
This week’s FUT 14 TOTW features some really great IN-forms like SIF Cristiano Ronaldo, IF Sakho or IF Moutinho:
GK: Andriy Pyatov, Shakhtar Donetsk – 76>78
RB: Vassilis Torosidis, Roma – 76>78
RB: Maximiliano Pereira, SL Benfica – 77>79
CB: Mamadou Sakho, Liverpool – 81>82
RB: Darijo Srna, Shakhtar Donetsk – 80>82
CM: João Moutinho, AS Monaco – 83>84
CM: Jean II Makoun, Stade Rennais – 74>74
CAM: Clarence Seedorf, Botafogo – 82>83
ST: Oribe Peralta, Santos Laguna – 76>78
RW: Dimitris Salpingidis, PAOK FC – 75>77
LW: Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid – 92>94
GK: Copa, Lokeren – 73>74
LB: Ari Skúlason, Odense Boldklub – 63>64
CB: Andy Frampton, AFC Wimbledon – 60>64
CDM: Ogenyi Onazi, Lazio – 74>74
ST: Adam Taggart, Newcastle Jets – 61>64
RW: Clayton Donaldson, Brentford – 66>69
ST: Nahki Wells, Bradford City – 65>68
These IN-Form players will be available in packs from 20th November 6:00PM – 5:30PM 27th November. You can view this team in the Web App or more detailed at FUTHead.
Next we have the latest episode of The Boot Room where Matt Cuttle and Darren Cross discuss new celebrations you can perform in FIFA 14.
And finally here are the best FIFA 14 articles of the week:
– FIFA 14 Review (PS4) (NGN)