Following the whole backlash from the FIFA community in the recent days with the #FixFIFA movement, EA Sports decided to be more transparent about the game to its fans and released the first version of the Server Release Notes, a summary of the changes that have been made, and the issues that have been addressed, via server releases over a period of time, as they execute these releases frequently.
Here are their official statement on these notes:
“Many of the changes that we make on the server are focused on system improvements and maintenance, such as updates to our databases or refactoring code, and while they are essential to keeping the game running, they would not have a direct impact on your experience within the game, so these summaries will focus on the changes that do have a direct impact on your playing experience.
They will cover multiple versions of FIFA 18, including FIFA 18 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Switch, as well as FUT Web and The Companion App. When changes only apply to individual titles, that will be specifically identified.”
The following changes were made between Nov 24th and Dec 7th:
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate Team on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC:
- Changed the match outcomes of some disconnects in FUT Champions Weekend League.
Made the following changes to FUT Web/FIFA Companion App:
- Increased the number of items shown after a FUT Transfer Market search from 25 per page to 35.
Addressed the following issues on FUT Web/FIFA Companion App:
- Concept Item Players no longer have the Loyalty Chemistry bonus applied.
Addressed the following issues on the Android version of the FIFA Companion App:
- Image of an item selected from the Active Squad not appearing.
The following changes were made between Nov 12th to Nov 23rd:
Addressed the following issues in EA Sports Football Club (EASFC):
- Players not receiving EASFC XP points for completing activities.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- Players getting a “This Item Has Expired” message when trying to purchase a player using Buy Now.
- This issue was happening to players that had multiple accounts on a single platform that were linked to a single EA account.
Made the following updates in FIFA 18 Switch:
- Updates to the Inferno Squad kit in FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Updates to the in game player heads for a number of players.
The post will get updated when future notes will be released!