First of all you need to download and install Origin! After you installed it, open it and go to the Store tab. Now click on the DEMO button from the store menu, select FIFA 14 Demo and start downloading the demo. Bellow you have a direct link to the demo store but you need to have Origin already opened!
The FIFA 14 Demo for Xbox 360 is availabe here!
The FIFA 14 Demo for PS3 is out! You can get it from here!
Teams available in the demo: Barcelona, Manchester City, Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniors, AC Milan, New York Red Bulls & PSG
Club rosters for the demo were locked before transfer deadline day. A few players will not appear at their new club in the demo.
Fixes for FIFA 14 PC Demo Bugs
- If you experience lag use D3DOverrider and enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on FIFA 14 exe. Also enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia).
- For those with the Direct X crash issue please update your Direct X! Go here to find out how.
- If your controller has problems with the demo please download these Xbox360 controller files and put them in your main FIFA 14 Demo folder.
- If you get the “APPCRASH” error select the fifaconfig.exe and FIFA 14 Demo.exe go to their Properties > Compatibility and select Win XP SP3 as compatibility mode.
- Try the next solution if the demo crashes before launching: Open C:/My Documents / FIFA 14 Demo / instance0, select “replay0.bin”, right-click, Properties/ Check read only.
- If the demo crashes at the language page you need to re-install Windows Media Player! Tutorial here. The intro can’t run without WMP, so the demo crashes.
- Another solution for the lag is to set the SCREEN_SLEEP to 16 in C:/My Documents / FIFA 14 Demo / fifasetup.ini.
- If you get the ”E0001” error is because your graphic card doesn’t support the Shader Model 3.0! You must try to run your game on low settings and follow the next steps: check that the resolution from the fifaconfig.exe is correct, uncheck Vsync from fifaconfig.exe and try this fix. Also try to update you graphics card driver!
- If you have graphic lightning issues, turn off the Anti-aliasing and V-Sync from your graphic card Control Panel OR set Anti-alising mode to application-controlled.
Registry-Fix – Type in Windows-Start-Menu: regedit. You will see 1 tool regedit.exe -> start it. Now go to this directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Sports\FIFA 14\. Rightclick in the right field and select new -> String Value. Type the following name: Install Dir. The value is your FIFA path. Here you can see a screenshot:
Thanks to Bernd!
For those with heavy stuttering/lag:
From the fifaconfig.exe disable MSAA Options and Vsync and thick “Disable Windows Aero Theme”.For rendering quality is up to you how to set it but remember that an old PC would never run FIFA on High! Now follow the next steps:
Nvidia: Go to your graphic card control panel (right-click on desktop), go to Manage 3D Settings,Program Settings and add the FIFA 14 demo exe and set these settings for it. (At Texture Filtering – Quality put High Performance)
ATI: Get RadeonPro make a profile with the FIFA 14 Demo,select it,click on Profile > Visual and add these settings: Anti-Aliasing = Application Controlled, Anti-Aliasing Filter = Multisampling, Anti-Aliasing Mode = Multi Sample, Anisotropic Filtering = Application Controlled. From the Advance and Tweak tabs turn OFF Vsync & Tripple Buffering.
Note that these are only standard settings and will not fix your problem 100% because everyone has different specs. You can change and tweak the settings yourself until you reach an optimal configuration for your game and the lag and stuttering will stop. Also don’t forget to use the D3DOverrider!
FIFA 14 Demo Mods
– FIFA 14 DEMO FAST START V.1.0 BY DOCTOR+ PRODUCTIONS
– FIFA14 Demo File Loader 1.0 by jenkey1002
– FIFA 14 Demo Quick Start Patch by Mania Softwares
– FIFA 14 Demo Expander by F4F & F4L
– FIFA 14 DEMO LOD AND CROWD TOOL 1.0 BY DOCTOR+ PRODUCTIONS